Carbon Neutral PlaneSM Program
- The program certifies that a participating airplane has compensated 100% for the CO2 that it releases by financially supporting verified projects to reduce an equivalent of CO2 from other energy uses.
- The carbon compensation is accomplished through widely accepted and verified practice of purchasing “carbon offsets” from verified projects.
- One hundred percent of the CO2 emitted by an airplane that is certified by the Carbon Neutral Plane Program is offset. Plane owners who place their planes in the Program are accomplishing CO2 reductions that are much greater than called for under the Kyoto Protocol, which calls for limiting emissions… not 100% compensating.
- Participants in the Carbon Neutral Plane Program are owner/operators of the 240,000 general aviation aircraft in the US. These are planes that are used in non-scheduled operations, such as corporate aviation, air charters, fractional ownership programs, and private and sport aviation.
- You can be certain that if the plane on which you fly is certified by our Carbon Neutral Plane Program, the operator of that plane cares about the environment as much as you do.